The trading suspensions spring from a joint effort by SEC regional offices in Los Angeles, Miami, New York, and Philadelphia; its Office of Market Intelligence; and its new Microcap Fraud Working Group, which uses a coordinated, proactive approach to detecting and deterring fraud involving microcap securities. The trading suspensions follow a similar suspension last week against Uniontown Energy Inc. (UTOG), based in Henderson, Nev., and Vancouver, Canada.
The 17 companies and their ticker symbols are:
- American Pacific Rim Commerce Group (APRM), based in Citra, Fla.
- Anywhere MD, Inc. (ANWM), based in Altascadero, Calif.
- Calypso Wireless Inc. (CLYW), based in Houston.
- Cascadia Investments, Inc. (CDIV), based in Tacoma, Wash.
- CytoGenix Inc. (CYGX), based in Houston.
- Emerging Healthcare Solutions Inc. (EHSI), based in Houston.
- Evolution Solar Corp. (EVSO), based in The Woodlands, Texas.
- Global Resource Corp. (GBRC), based in Morrisville, N.C.
- Go Solar USA Inc. (GSLO), based in New Orleans.
- Kore Nutrition Inc. (KORE), based in Henderson, Nev.
- Laidlaw Energy Group Inc. (LLEG), based in New York City.
- Mind Technologies Inc. (METK), based in Cardiff, Calif.
- Montvale Technologies Inc. (IVVI), based in Montvale, N.J.
- MSGI Security Solutions Inc. (MSGI), based in New York City.
- Prime Star Group Inc. (PSGI), based in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Solar Park Initiatives Inc. (SOPV), based in Ponte Verde Beach, Fla.
- United States Oil & Gas Corp. (USOG), based in Austin, Texas.