The Securities and Exchange Commission will hold the third meeting of the Equity Market Structure Advisory Committee on February 2, beginning at 9:30 a.m. EST. The Commission established the advisory committee to provide a formal mechanism through which the Commission can receive advice and recommendations on equity market structure issues.
The meeting will focus on the events of August 24, 2015 and certain issues affecting customers in the current equity market structure.
The meeting will be held at the SEC’s headquarters at 100 F Street, N.E., Washington, D.C., and is open to the public. It also will be webcast live on the SEC’s website, www.sec.gov, and will be archived on the website for later viewing.
Members of the public who wish to provide their views on the matters to be considered by the advisory committee may submit comments electronically or on paper. Please submit comments using one method only. Information that is submitted will become part of the public record of the meeting.
Send paper submissions in triplicate to Brent Fields, Secretary, Securities and Exchange Commission, 100 F Street, N.E., Washington, D.C. 20549-1090.
All submissions should refer to File Number 265-29, and the file number should be included on the subject line if e-mail is used.
9:30 a.m. Welcoming Remarks
Chair White, Commissioners, and Director of the Division of Trading and Markets Stephen Luparello
10:00 a.m. Presentation on Market Volatility by SEC staff
10:10 a.m. Presentation and Q&A on Market Volatility
- Stacey Cunningham, Chief Operating Officer, NYSE
- Hubert De Jesus, Co-Head Market Structure & Electronic Trading, BlackRock
- Frank Hatheway, Chief Economist, NASDAQ
- Paul O’Donnell, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley
11:00 a.m. Committee Discussion on Market Volatility
12:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. Presentation on Customer Issues by SEC staff
1:10 p.m. Presentation and Q&A on Customer Issues
- Jeffrey Brown, Senior VP-Legislative & Regulatory Affairs, Charles Schwab
- Frank Childress, Managing Director, Wells Fargo Advisors
- Dennis Dick, Member - Capital Markets Policy Council, CFA Institute
- Christine Parlour, Professor of Finance & Accounting, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley
2:00 p.m. Committee Discussion on Customer Issues
3:00 p.m. Break
3:15 p.m. Subcommittee Updates
4:15 p.m. Discussion of Next Steps/Adjournment
SEC Press Release
--- If you need help with a securities litigation, arbitration or litigation issue, email Mark Astarita or call 212-509-6544 to speak to a securities lawyer.