Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Spitzer's Emails Come Into Play

According to this Wall Street Journalarticle in the litigation against Dick Grasso and Hank Greenberg, the defendants are seeking testimony and internal documents from Mr. Spitzer. According to the article "[t]heir lawyers say they are looking for evidence that Mr. Spitzer improperly pressured witnesses and their own corporations into admitting wrongdoing and implicating Messrs. Grasso and Greenberg, who deny doing anything illegal."

We knew this was going to be a massive battle, and it certainly is shaping up that way. While Grasso and Greenberg mount that attack, Kenneth Langone, another defendant, has apparently moved for dismissal against him. Readers may recall one of my favorite all time quotes by Mr. Langone regarding this litigation
-"I'm nuts, I'm rich, and boy, do I love a fight. I'm going to make them sh*t in their pants. When I get through with these f**king captains of industry, they're going to wish they were in a Cuisinart at high speed."

It's here, and more here.